Sr. Transportation Planner – Doha, Qatar
Dec 4, 2017
A candidate who has experience in transportation planning with 5+ years of experience to work in our office in Qatar for the running projects with the Ministry of Transport.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Carrying out Traffic Engineering and Transportation modelling work involving major transport scheme design.
- Undertaking transportation impact assessment studies of major developments.
- Undertake transport model development and application using software packages such as VISSUM/VISSIM.
- Developing and applying computer-based transport models using state-of-the-art transport modelling software supported by Geographic Information Systems (GIS) tools.
- Technical development of project tasks, and development of tools and processes.
- Development and checking of models and model forecasts, reports and analyses including quality and delivery to timescales
- Working closely with Project Managers and other planning department staff to ensure timely completion of the necessary analysis, reports and plans as assigned.
- Liaise with clients to report progress;
- Supervise Junior Traffic Engineering Staff.
- Review, prepare and present reports of Traffic Engineering projects and activities
- Review of plans with the local authorities as needed.
- Establish and maintain working relationships and contact with clients, technical staff and authorities