E 15 Project
Location: Ghayathi and Al Ruwais, Abu Dhabi, UAE
Crown Consult has been appointed by Musanada, to carry out the Transportation Infrastructure Planning (TIP) for the section of E15 Road between Ghayathi and Al Ruwais located in the Western Region of the Emirate of Abu Dhabi. The corridor is mainly serving Ghayathi City, which consists of residential, farms, and industrial areas, and connects it with Al Ruwais City to the North and Arada City to the South.
The scope of the study included but not limited to the following:
- Data collection to evaluate the existing traffic condition.
- Identify the existing and future proposed land use within the Study Area and its relevant phasing.
- Review existing and future transportation infrastructure upgrades planned by concerned authority in the study area;
- Perform high level assessment for the study area to facilitate the selection of the “Preferred Option” based on pre-approved weighted KPI’s.
- Perform operational analyses, at key junctions, interchanges, U-turns, and links in the Study Area; for the implementation year (2017), interim year (2020) and ultimate year (2030) including but not limited to:
- Capacity assessment (e.g. LOS; V/C, Queue length …etc.).
- Weaving, Merge and Diverge analysis.
- Suggest Mitigation Measures for the existing transportation network.