Crown Consult was commissioned to prepare an entirely new Trip Generation and Parking Rates Manual (QTGPRM) for the State of Qatar and to update the 2011 Guidelines and Procedures for Transportation Studies (GPTS).
The Manual and associated documents will be used by government agencies, developers, consultants, planners, and traffic engineers to help plan, design, and manage new transportation services and infrastructure.
Crown Consult's services included:
- Specification and execution of national trip generation surveys and interviews programme
- Data compilation, validation, and analysis
- Derivation of statistically robust trip generation and parking rates for over 150 separate land use classes
- Design and production of trip generation and parking rate manual
- Development of web-based software for accessing the rates
- Updated version of the Guidelines and Procedures for Transportation Studies
- Recommended changes to current primary and secondary legislation.